VIDEO – YOUR LISTING’S NEW “MUST HAVE” FEATUREVideo is the most powerful, under-utilized form of marketing in real estate – the online equivalent of putting a puppy in the hands of a prospective buyer. And you don’t have to be selling a luxury home for video to be advantageous. Video doesn’t just appeal to buyers – sellers are recognizing its success and value and demanding it – video is the future. Video gets right to the heart of buyers, telling the story of “what it’s like to live here…” Differentiating itself from the multitudes of lemming-like real estate websites, listings with property videos leap off the page, coming to life and connecting with viewers in ways photography can’t… Demonstrating the flow of a home, capturing emotionally appealing shots through footage of gardens, neighborhoods, amenities, and nightlife… All a prospective client has to do is click “play.” How critical are real estate videos when it comes to marketing?
- Video listings get far more hits than your typical listing stills.
- Videos keep most visitors on websites six times longer than those without.
- Viewers retain 95 percent of the message, versus 10 percent of written messages.
- Properly site-mapped videos are 53 percent more likely to rank on the first page of results on Google – over blogs and traditional sites.
- The impression the value of real estate video gives prospective clients creates an overall view of an agent as someone who can effectively service their needs.
- Utilizing the correct equipment.
- Gathering sufficient footage.
- Developing a clear, effective message.
- Starring agents playing an appropriate role.
- A final video with a short, but adequate length.